Sunday, December 27, 2020

EXPERIMENT IN DISTANCES

In 2020 I sent these pieces of a whole to a number of friends throughout the US and Canada. Each received a piece of a larger painting, framed. I have for many years been experiemting with the idea of: how far apart can a painting that comes in several pieces exist as a whole. Most of the time I did this with triptyches by separating the pieces with a greater and greater distance between them. 

This time I separated the pieces by many many many miles. Yet in my mind they remained a whole piece. Each standing on their own. united through origination.

of course, this was only for me ... the gift of the work itself was given ... however, unless an inquiry was made, no explanation was given. 

I love the simplicity of the pieces ...


 









 

No comments: